Subtotal: Member: £0, Non Member: £0
Please get in touch with a member of our team if you need to purchase tickets.
This event is invitation only.
Members are invited to a roundtable event, in partnership with the Houses of Parliament Restoration & Renewal (R&R) Programme, the biggest and most complex building restoration project ever undertaken in the UK.
The event will take place on Monday 30 November from 9.00am – 11.00am at Custom House, Belfast. It will focus on how the opportunities – in terms of contracts, jobs and skills – associated with the R&R Programme can benefit all parts of the UK, including Northern Ireland.
In particular, the discussion will explore:
- How to ensure a strong UK-wide response for our procurements, including from Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland’s strengths that are relevant to the Programme
- Skills gaps that might exist in Northern Ireland that the Programme could look to address
- How to ensure procurement processes are inclusive and accessible to individual tradespeople, SMEs and large companies alike
- How social value is embedded within our supply chain to support regional growth
- Any potential barriers to working with the Programme
Restoring Parliament will support jobs and apprenticeships across Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the regions of England, on and off-site; deploying labour, materials and contracts from across the whole of the UK. This historic project will need a variety of specialist skills, particularly in the building conservation and heritage trades.
This is a great opportunity to shape the procurement process, explore the potential for regional growth, and find out more about this national project of such significant historical interest.