Aims and Objectives
This course will introduce new and existing users of Microsoft Excel to the fundamental features of spreadsheets and their use. Delegates are guided through its use from setting up a simple spreadsheet with values, labels and formulae to displaying information in graphical format.
The course will also be of great benefit to those who have been using Excel for some time but who feel that they are not making best use of its facilities. The course will undoubtedly introduce these users to many shortcuts which they may not have discovered for themselves.
- Virtual based;
- Trainer led. Interactive with opportunity for questions and discussion.
- People who wish to understand what MS Excel can do for them
- Those who suspect they are not getting the most out of MS Excel or who feel that they are not using it in the most efficient way.
- No prior knowledge of MS Excel is required;
- Basic computer usage gained using email, internet etc.
Navigation and Introduction
- Good practice in spreadsheet design
- Understanding spreadsheet terminology
- Workbooks and worksheets
- Rows, columns, cells, ranges
- Entering values, labels, formulas
- Cut, Copy & Paste
- Move & Copy Data between sheets
- Autofill for Dates/Values/Text
- Find & Replace
- Clearing and deleting cell contents and formats
- Formatting Cells
- Font & Border Formatting
- Shading and Colour Formats
- Alignment Tools
- Text Wrap
- Number formatting
Introduction to Formula & Functions
- Create a mathematical formula
- Common Functions
- Absolute References
Worksheet & Data management
- Sorts & Filters
- Inserting and deleting Sheets
- Moving and copying
Page Setup And Printing
- Print preview
- Adjusting margins
- Applying headers and footers
- Changing orientation
Tips and tricks for most efficient use of Excel
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Making use of the Right Click
Contact Pauline Thompson on Pauline.Thompson@APSlearning.co.uk or 07767 392003 for further details.