Phoenix Natural Gas has pledged its support for Gas Safety Week (13 – 19 September 2021) and will be helping to raise awareness about the importance of gas safety.
Celebrating the 11th year of Gas Safety Week, Phoenix Natural Gas are one of a number of organisations from across the UK are working together to raise awareness of the simple steps consumers can take to remain gas safe at home.
As Phoenix Energy Services General Manager Paul McKee explains, “Gas Safety Week provides an important platform to raise the profile of gas safety with consumers and to highlight the additional safety features of natural gas when compared with other fuels.
“As more and more people across the Phoenix Natural Gas licence area connect and enjoy the benefits of natural gas, it is important that customers are aware of the need to have their gas appliances inspected regularly.
“Despite having a strong safety record, it is important that natural gas appliances are checked on an annual basis using responsible, highly skilled, gas safe registered engineers, using the Gas Safe Register. To find your local registered engineer, log on to www.gassaferegister.co.uk.”
Top tips to stay gas safe:
- Remember your annual check-up! – gas appliances should be inspected annually by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Check your tradesman is Gas Safe registered – the Gas Safe register list can be found at GasSafeRegister.co.uk or by calling 0800 408 5500.
- Never attempt to work on a gas appliance yourself, always seek the help of a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer who can work on your gas appliance in a safe way.
- Consider getting a quality audible carbon monoxide alarm – this will alert you in the event that there are traces of carbon monoxide in your property.
- If you smell gas or think there might be a gas leak – call the free 24-hour national gas emergency number immediately on 0800 002 001.
Further information on Gas Safety Week can be found at: https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/gassafetyweek/