EY in Northern Ireland is delighted to announce three new Equity Partners bringing the total number of Partners in EY across the island of Ireland to 103. Gareth Kelly, Lindsay Russell and Ian Kelly join the EY partnership alongside ten other Equity Partners based across the island of Ireland. Eleven of these new Partners have been admitted to the partnership from within EY, including Gareth Lindsay and Ian, while a further two are direct admit Partners.
Sitting in EY’s Assurance practice, Gareth manages a team of over 150 analytics professionals operating across all industry sectors. Experienced in external audit, he helps lead the EY Audit Centre of Excellence and works with a large team, supporting innovation and statutory audit transformation through the implementation of data and analytic technologies.
Lindsay, also based in the firm’s Assurance practice, has over 15 years’ experience delivering audits and is the lead for EY’s Audit Centre of Excellence team in Belfast which specialises in delivering audits to UK subsidiaries of some of the firm’s largest global clients. She currently serves many companies in the local Northern Ireland and regional UK markets, as well as UK subsidiaries of large multinational companies.
Specialising in transaction diligence and based in EY’s Strategy and Transactions practice, Ian has extensive experience in a full range of financial due diligence services including buy and sell side due diligence, refinancing due diligence, stock exchange transactions and independent business reviews.
Michael Hall, Managing Partner, EY Northern Ireland commented: “Huge congratulations to our three new EY Partners on reaching this exciting milestone in their careers. Gareth, Lindsay and Ian have achieved so much to get to this point in their careers and so it is with great pride that on behalf of EY Northern Ireland I wish them many years of continued success as they join our all-island Partnership. The past year and a half has been incredibly challenging for everyone, and businesses across Northern Ireland have experienced widespread disruption and uncertainty. Our leadership in EY have been at the forefront, helping clients to navigate this change and create opportunities to transform and innovate. I’m confident that this new community of compassionate, agile and experienced leaders have the right characteristics and expertise to help our clients and our people to thrive now and into the future.”
Other equity Partners admitted into the EY partnership include;
- Katie Burns joins the partnership from EY’s Consulting practice and leads the firm’s Business Consulting Finance Transformation Team, while Katie Flood joins the partnership from the same practice, leading the Transformation Execution Team.
- John Ward (Consulting), based in Dublin, joins the partnership as part of EY’s growing Data Analytics and Emerging Technology Team and as Head of Digital & Emerging Technology for the firm.
- Alan Murphy has joined EY as Head of Law as an external admit Partner.
- Aileen Daly joins the partnership from the firm’s Tax practice, based in Cork, while Petrina Smyth joins from Financial Services Tax.
- Two new Partners join the partnership from Financial Services Assurance: Dean Phillips and Niamh O’Shaughnessy.
- Louise Whyte also joins the partnership from EY’s Assurance practice.
- Mark Chalmers joins as an external admit Partner into EY’s Consulting practice and the firm’s Life Sciences Commercial Access Team.