Aims and Objectives
This course is an introduction to the more advanced features of spreadsheets and their use.
By the end of this course, delegates should be comfortable with automating worksheet functionality, as well as using a variety of different analysis tools, data presentation and working effectively with multiple workbooks.
The course will also be of great benefit to those who have been using Excel for some time but who feel that they are not making best use of its facilities and will also introduce users to many shortcuts.
- Classroom / Virtual based;
- Trainer led. Interactive with opportunity for questions and discussion.
- People who have a good knowledge and understanding of MS Excel and who wish to learn some of the more Advanced features.
- Completion or understanding of the topics covered in the MS Introduction course including:
- Understanding spreadsheet terminology
- Formulae’s and functions
Analysing Data: Advanced Formula & Functions
- Advanced Formula Design
- Use Logical Functions (IF/AND/OR/IFS)
- Use Nested Functions
- Use Lookup Functions (V&H&XLookup)
- Use Date & Time Functions
- Text & Statistical Functions
Advanced Presentation & Formatting Techniques
- Conditional Format data
- Custom Format Dates/Numbers/Text
- Organizing worksheet data with tables
Data Management Tools
- Add Data Validation Criteria
- Advanced Filters
- Subtotals (Group & Outlines)
- Remove Duplicates
- Flash Fill & Text to Columns
Analysing Data with Charts, PivotTables, Slicers and PivotCharts
- Visualizing data with charts
- Create a PivotTable
- Working with Data Fields
- Summarizing Data
- Filter Data by Using Slicers
- Analyse Data with PivotCharts
- Create Sparklines
Introduction to Macros
- Create and Delete a Macro
- Using Customised Macro buttons
- Protect Cells from editing
- Password Protect workbooks
Contact Pauline Thompson on Pauline.Thompson@APSlearning.co.uk or 07767 392003 for further details.Register for Event