The Incident Investigation course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively investigate and analyse workplace incidents. Whether you are a safety professional, supervisor, or manager, this course will equip you with the tools to identify the root causes of incidents, develop corrective actions, and implement preventative measures to enhance workplace safety.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of incident investigation in improving workplace safety.
- Identify different types of workplace incidents, including accidents, near misses, and environmental incidents.
- Comprehend the legal and regulatory requirements related to incident reporting and investigation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in conducting thorough incident investigations, from the initial response to the final report.
- Analyse incident data to identify underlying causes and contributing factors.
- Develop effective corrective and preventative actions (CAPA) to mitigate future incidents.
- Communicate investigation findings and recommendations clearly and persuasively.
- Apply root cause analysis (RCA) techniques to dig deep into the causes of incidents.
- Understand human factors and organizational factors that contribute to incidents.
- Implement a proactive approach to incident prevention through lessons learned from investigations.
- Utilise incident investigation as a tool for continuous improvement in safety performance.