- Bank to help businesses save money by switching to an Ulster Bank Business Current Account
- Customers with turnover up to £2million that switch to Ulster Bank will get 24 months free business banking
- New start-ups* joining Ulster Bank will also benefit from 24 months free business banking
- Business customers could save nearly £2,000 over two years** dependent on the size of the business turnover and transaction activity
Ulster Bank, part of the NatWest Group, the UK’s biggest bank for business, is offering 24 months of free business banking to NI businesses switching their main business banking account to Ulster Bank.
The new SME switcher offer from Ulster Bank for businesses with up to £2m in turnover comes at a time when customers could benefit from a reduction or break in their banking fees.
The new offer is expected to save business customers on average nearly £2,000 over two years, depending on the size of the business turnover and transaction activity.
New start-ups that have been trading for less than one year and have a turnover of less than £1m opening a bank account for the first time will also get 24 months free business banking when they join Ulster Bank, which is a six-month extension on the previous offering.
The offer also extends to businesses who have business banking accounts with multiple providers, who choose to switch all their banking to Ulster Bank.
Mark Crimmins, Head of Ulster Bank NI said,
“We hope that businesses will take us up on the offer of two years of free banking to help reduce costs, and gain access to the innovative toolkit of business support we provide to SMEs here.
“While a simple switch process will save some money, the true value comes from the breadth of business expertise, insight and support provided to help SMEs start up, scale up and thrive.”
On top of an average saving of nearly £2,000 over two years, businesses will also be able to benefit from a range of features that come as standard with a Business Current Account, including:
- FreeAgent, award-winning online accounting tool for small businesses
- Business Builder, an online platform packed full of tools and tips to help meet business goals sooner
- Anytime Internet & Mobile Banking, Business Banking on the go to help manage and keep track of finances 24/7