We are delighted to announce that Season 9 of the ScaleX™ Insider Podcast is now live. To kick off the season, Brendan McGurgan had an insightful conversation with Susie Ma.
Susie was born in Shanghai, China in 1988. From an early age, she was strongly encouraged to use only natural ingredients by her grandmother, who for over 60 years studied homeopathic remedies alongside her career as a medicinal chemist.
At the age of 13, Susie moved to London and founded Tropic when she was just 15 years of age – pouring homemade body scrubs into jars to sell at markets across the city. After studying at university and appearing on BBC’s The Apprentice in 2011, Lord Sugar was so impressed by Susie’s products and business idea that he invested in the brand. Today, Tropic’s multi-award-winning product range extends across skincare, body care, hair care, sun care and makeup. With 20,000 active brand Ambassadors, Tropic has been the UK’s fastest-growing skincare brand for five years in a row.
In this episode, Brendan and Susie discuss:
- What Susie Ma Learned from Lord Alan Sugar
- Why you need to keep hustling when scaling
- The one thing you need to know as you scale your business
- How you can make the world a better place as you scale your business
- How to start a business with very little money
- Why more women need to become entrepreneurs
- And so much more…