Marcon have completed their fifth commercial depot fit out for the UK’s leading trade kitchen providers – Howdens.
The 13-week project involved the change of use from a light industrial to create a new 10,000 sq ft commercial depot facility with retail trade counter and ancillary offices as well as a presentation studio and meeting rooms.
Founded in 1995, Howdens has since grown to more than 780 depots in the UK.
The new depot at Glasnevin in Dublin will be supported by the company’s UK infrastructure and digital products and will stock kitchens, worktops, appliances, doors, joinery, flooring, and hardware.
The scope of work of works completed by Marcon across the stores has included:
- Strip out
- Installation of a new steel framed mezzanine structure and flooring
- Steel framed staircase installation
- Office accommodation
- Building services installations
- Internal decorative finishes
- Fit-out of display rooms and warehouse areas
- Installation of prefabricated feature joinery items such as trade counters
- External alterations
- High-level external signage