The trophy was presented at the Taxi Summit UK and Ireland Industry Awards held this week at a prestigious ceremony hosted in Liverpool’s impressive Anglican Cathedral.
fonaCAB was recognised for the work it had done over the last year in both the company’s and the taxi sectors recovery from the pandemic, and its continued commitment to its charity and sporting partners during this period.
fonaCAB Managing Director William McCausland commented
“It’s a great honour to be recognised again for the hard work that we continue to do day and daily. I’d like to thank the judges for the award, but my gratitude really goes to our passengers, drivers and staff for their continued loyalty and trust in fonaCAB
Demand for taxis is high in Northern Ireland and regularly outstrips supply, especially as hospitality and tourism continue to recover from the pandemic, and we’re grateful for the support of our passengers as we work hard to increase capacity to meet this demand.
It’s fantastic to see Northern Ireland so well represented at the awards and we’d like to congratulate all the companies who were shortlisted, especially including our friends at 365 Taxis Newtownabbey who made it to the final four”
- fonaCAB is the largest taxi company on the Island of Ireland and in the top five in the UK.
- A locally owned family business based in Belfast with contact centres also in Lisburn and Portadown
- Founded in 1962, we’ve been getting people where they want to go for 60 years
- In 2019 we had over 13,000,000 passengers on almost 6,000,000 journeys
- We invest in our business – First to install data heads, a fully automated booking system, text back services and booking by App
- Northern Irelands biggest supporter of local sporting talent – we invest more widely in sport, charitable causes, and community initiatives than any other Northern Ireland Company – We invest back into the communities we serve
Sponsors of – The International North West 200 – Antrim GAA – Local Motorbike competitors including Lee Johnston, Glen Irwin, and Andrew Irwin – The Belfast Giants – The IFA (Official Taxi Partner, Men’s Senior Team, Women’s Senior Team and the fonaCAB Junior Cup) – Cliftonville, and Crusaders Premiership football teams – St Pauls GAC, The Golden Gloves and the fonaCAB Ulster Minor Football Championship – Synetiq Racing BMW / Milwaukee BMW