We greatly increased our response rate working with Northern Ireland Chamber’s wider network
Queen’s University Belfast
The advice we received through chamber connections in the USA enabled us to win new business
OBE Waste & Agri Engineering Ltd
At a networking event we made a contact that led to a £42k deal
Bond Search and Selection
Wed 27th May 2015
Stage Fright: Overcome Performance Nerves
27 May 2015
May 27, 2015
High Performance has designed a highly practical one day course that will help you to overcome performance nerves. Delivered by world-class communications specialists and psychologists and carried out in a safe group environment, the course has been designed specifically for those who feel a surge of fear and experience anticipatory anxiety when asked to present in public.
Wednesday 27 May
Bewleys Hotel, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
Course Fees € 395
To book: call 00353 (1) 853 2215 or book here
Course Aims and Objectives:
The ‘Stage Fright – Overcome Performance Nerves’ course is designed to overcome the fears many people have about public speaking.
The course blends communication skills and clinical psychology to eliminate nervousness, overcome anxiety, and instil confidence in those called upon to make a public address – anything from speaking up at meetings, to a team brief, a sales pitch or a keynote speech.
This workshop will provide you with special relaxation techniques originally developed in a clinical environment that will allow you to quickly and permanently rebuild the emotions associated with public speaking. Working closely with you we will guide you through the process and, in a matter of hours, you will literally ‘rewire’ your automatic response to the fear so that you take away a skill set that will boost your CV and let you embrace public speaking opportunities for what they really are: a platform from which to promote your organisation and your career.
There are small numbers in each class, and there is much sensitivity and respect for each person, no matter what level of fear you are coming in with. While there are hands-on exercises in class, you are never forced or pressured to speak or perform if you feel you cannot do so.
On completion of this course you will:
• Have an increased level of self-confidence in any presentation situation.
• Understand the causes and treatment of stage fright and performance anxiety
• Understand the fear response and how to manage it
• Learn special relaxation techniques for future use, so that you take away a skill set that will boost your CV and let you embrace public speaking opportunities for what they really are, a platform from which to promote your organisation and your career
• Find your strengths and learn to work to them
• Implement techniques and tools to create a comfort zone
• Apply a self-monitoring check-list to practical exercises and understand how to self-evaluate as you speak
Who should attend?
This course is for you if you:
• Have an immediate surge of fear and anxiety when you learn you need to do any public speaking or performing
• Attempt to avoid giving presentations or performances if you can get out of doing them
• Suffer from a lot of anticipatory anxiety thinking about your presentation or performance ahead of time
• Experience stage fright and feel very uncomfortable being “in the spotlight” when speaking or performing
• Worry about embarrassing yourself in front of others, fearful that people will see how anxious you are, or fearful you will mess up and look like a fool
• Feel a lot of inner turmoil or have missed opportunities because of your fear of public speaking or performing
‘The presenter inspired enormous confidence in me, bringing a wealth of experience and knowledge to the table. He made me really believe I could be ‘cured’. This made me really open to learning. His absolute belief and confidence in the product was infectious. I am going to use the techniques immediately for relaxation purposes and am hoping they will become second nature to me and I won’t have to think about them. I have never attended a similar course. I never attended anything I’d describe as life changing. However this one, I feel, may have just that effect.’
‘The presenters were excellent and gave me great confidence. They helped me to explore and understand where the fear was coming from. I will be more confident and professional in my presenting from now on.’
‘The course was fantastic. It will remove the block I had about public speaking. Ten + out of ten. The facilitator is excellent – his knowledge and passion for his subject was tangible but he managed to be very down to earth.’
‘This course fully met and exceeded my needs…I have cured my stage fright…excellent practical sessions.’
Created by High Performance Training