We greatly increased our response rate working with Northern Ireland Chamber’s wider network
Queen’s University Belfast
The advice we received through chamber connections in the USA enabled us to win new business
OBE Waste & Agri Engineering Ltd
At a networking event we made a contact that led to a £42k deal
Bond Search and Selection
Tue 28th Apr 2015
Sharpen Your Negotiation Skills
28 Apr 2015
April 28, 2015
Negotiation Skills Crucial to Maximising Economic Recovery
Take greater control over the bargaining process and consistently secure the best deal achievable in any negotiating environment
The economic recovery forecast for the coming year, while long overdue, leaves no room for complacency. The OECD has warned of “a cut-throat post crisis period” as everyone vies to recover lost ground, which means that negotiation skills will be crucial to maximising the potential of the economic upturn. The techniques, psychology and bargaining strategies that go into successful negotiation can be learned and our dedicated course addresses this need.
Tuesday 28 April and Wednesday 29 April
Bewleys Hotel, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
Course Fees € 795
To book: call 00353 (1) 853 2215 or book here
The highly successful two-day event recognises that negotiation has a material impact on business performance and career advancement. Aimed at all managerial and professional levels and functions, it provides powerful strategies, tools and tips to enable confident and capable negotiation in organisations from SMEs to global multinationals.
Designed and presented by Margaret Considine – who holds qualifications in negotiation skills from the Harvard Law School and Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management in Illinois – the course content reflects Margaret’s decades of experience in commercial/industrial negotiation (along with industrial relations conflict resolution) and is brought to life through interactive role-play and case studies.
On completion of this course you will:
- Clarify your objectives in negotiation and set goals
- Understand the difference between selling, negotiation, influence, manipulation and persuasion. Learn to adopt an interest based approach to negotiation for a mutual gains outcome
- Understand the two types of negotiation and how and when to use both: creating v claiming value
- Set the stage for productive negotiations: the elements of negotiation that define success
- Manage the negotiation process through its different phases in order to achieve a mutually beneficial conclusion by understanding which needs will provide the strongest source of motivation to the person(s) you are dealing with
- Construct a total negotiation overview to determine your personal position, the other party’s core competences, corporate strengths and weaknesses and your competitive differentiation
- Identify negotiation behaviours, objectives, motives and tactics in order to maximise your position and maintain a good ongoing relationship
- Develop problem-solving techniques, understand adversarial versus partnership negotiation and identify the true power and position of both parties
- Prepare and design a negotiating plan, including performance objectives, for immediate implementation on return from this course that are practical and will work
Who should attend?
- Managers who find themselves negotiating internally and externally as a daily reality
- Sales executives who want to make their negotiations more effective and sharpen their deal making skills in competitive times
- Senior and middle management who wish to optimise their negotiation skills and commercial deal making
- Commercial and industrial negotiators
- Buyers and Procurement specialists who want to be adept at negotiation strategies and tactics
- All leaders who wants to develop the skill of negotiating on more than just price
- Industrial Relations Personnel
- HR Managers
- Legal Professionals
- SME’s and business owners who have a heightened commercial focus
- Exceeded my expectations – a vast set of tools to apply to negotiating. Excellent tuition and role plays. Will highly recommend this course as participants will gain more that just negotiating skills and tools but broader management skills and valuable tuition.
- I gained many tools and a greater understanding that has improved my potential to negotiate. I really enjoyed the conflict management area and have a better understanding of the necessary preparatory tools for negotiation. A great insight!
- Great strategies, tools and tips for conducting negotiations. Understanding how to break down the negotiation into goals, needs, variables etc. was really enlightening. I’d highly recommend it to other colleagues – absolutely. A pragmatic course with a theoretical / well-researched background.
Created by High Performance Training