We greatly increased our response rate working with Northern Ireland Chamber’s wider network
Queen’s University Belfast
The advice we received through chamber connections in the USA enabled us to win new business
OBE Waste & Agri Engineering Ltd
At a networking event we made a contact that led to a £42k deal
Bond Search and Selection
Thu 1st Jan 1970
Making Global Goals Local Business – Belfast
On Tuesday the 8 May 2018 at Herbert Smith Freehills
This event will be covering Northern Ireland, and constitutes the second stop of our Sustainable Development Goals Roadshow 2018 for the UK. We are partnering with Sustainable NI and the Northern Ireland Business and Human Rights Forum.
Why your company should attend:
- The Sustainable Development Goals were hailed as a ‘paradigm shift for people and planet‘ by former Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon.
- The Goals present unprecedented business opportunities, and equally unprecedented business risks if ignored.
- The SDGs will define the field of corporate sustainability for the next decade.
- Private sector involvement around the world is crucial for their achievement.
- This Agenda is influencing Government policy in the UK.
- A rapidly growing number of companies and other organisations are integrating the Global Goals into their strategy.
Who should attend:
- We welcome anyone who is interested, however we strongly encourage participation from representatives with a role in sustainability/CSR or business strategy.
- By attending, you will learn:
- What are the Global Goals?
- Why should business care about the Goals?
- How can business effectively contribute to achieving the Goals and benefit from doing so?
- Steve Kenzie, Executive Director, UN Global Compact Network UK
- Nichola Hughes, Executive Director, Sustainable Northern Ireland
- ISL Waste Management
- Kerry Melville, Coordinator, Belfast Food Network
For more information and to register, please consult our event flyer – Making Global Goals Local Business – Belfast, 8 May 2018
Attendance is free!
Please spread the word internally and externally! We are more than happy to welcome several representatives from your organisation, as well as some of your partners, suppliers, etc.
We hope to see you on the 8 May, and do not hesitate to contact Marc Robin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Created by John Quinn