A practical workshop that aims to provide you with the tools and techniques necessary to effectively carry out internal audits of your Information Security Management System, ISO 27001.
Course duration: 1-Day Workshop
This ISO 27001 (ISMS) Internal Auditor Course is designed to provide practical instruction for the internal auditor. This training course takes into account the varying levels of understanding and different backgrounds of delegates, we ensure that all attendees leave with a firm understanding of the course material.
The ISO 27001 (ISMS) Internal Auditor Training Course involves considerable delegate involvement through workshops and real-life relevant case studies. The day will be broken up into a morning and afternoon session with a break for lunch. The morning session will focus on the theory behind ISO 27001 (ISMS) Information Security Management Systems and auditing techniques, whereas the afternoon will be a practical session to give delegated a ‘hands-on’ understanding with reality-based scenarios. This allows delegates to ask organisation-specific questions from our consultants who are experts in their fields with more than 25 years of experience within the sector.
It is worth noting that many organisations who initially achieve certification to ISO 27001 (ISMS) run the risk of losing their certification at a later date through ineffective internal auditing.
What does it involve?
- Information Security in context
- Overview of information security management systems
- Internal auditing of information security systems
- Noncompliance’s and deficiencies
- Human relations in auditing
What will you learn?
- You will be familiar ISO 27001 series of Information Security Standard
- You will be able to plan and carry out effective internal audits to the new ISO 27001 standard
- You will be able to develop and maintain a system of records to support the auditing activity
- You will be capable of improving the corrective action cycle
Who should attend?
- Those interested in developing a further understanding of ISO 27001
- Anyone responsible for introducing or maintaining an information security system based upon the newly updated ISO 27001