We greatly increased our response rate working with Northern Ireland Chamber’s wider network
Queen’s University Belfast
The advice we received through chamber connections in the USA enabled us to win new business
OBE Waste & Agri Engineering Ltd
At a networking event we made a contact that led to a £42k deal
Bond Search and Selection
Thu 22nd May 2014
‘Futures Market’: Future-proofing for the marketing manager of 2014
22 May 2014
May 22, 2014
The tools of marketing are changing. The challenge marketers face is to ensure the primacy of the marketing effort in their organisation at a time when independent research continues to show an increasing competency gap between the digital world and marketers’ knowledge.
This event presents various practical marketing contexts with senior executive speakers, who share a broad understanding of marketing at home and abroad, online and offline, in very volatile times. The outcome of the day is to establish and disseminate an ‘identi-kit’ for the successful marketing manager of the future including:
- How can marketers continue to create and capitalise on opportunity in an increasingly volatile and global business environment?
- In what ways can digital marketing add real value?
- Has the research potential of the smart-phone replaced having to ask customers their opinion?
- Are we educating and training marketers students in the right way?
- Should marketing managers be reinvented?
- What needs to happen to help managers demonstrate their value more explicitly in organisations?
– Mr. Gerry McGinn, Executive Director, First Trust Bank
– Dr. Mike Johnston, CEO, Dairy Council Northern Ireland
– Ms. Lesley McClure, former MD IPSOS MORI, Visiting Professor Ulster Business School
– Dr. Mark Durkin, Professor of Marketing, Ulster Business School
– Mr. John McMullan, CEO, Bryson Charitable Group
– Mr. Niall McKeown, MD, iON Digital Marketing, Belfast
Chaired by BSc Marketing students
Members of the CMI and University students can attend this event at no cost.
Non-CMI members cost £20.
Book online via www.business.ulster.ac.uk/events
Created by Ulster University Business School