Mastering the Sales Process
Is your business prepared for the ‘new world’ sales environment? This technical sales series has been created to help participants take a fresh look at the selling process in the context of a new and unknown business backdrop.
Developed by NI Chamber and delivered online by Aidan McGrath at Acumensis, ‘Mastering the Sales Process’ is a set of 5 modules covering every stage in the sales process from developing an effective value proposition and lead generation to understanding your buyer and converting the sale.
Module 1 – How sales is changing
Selling in the Lockdown world
Why old-style selling doesn’t work
- Objection handling and Closing demystified
The core sales principle
- Put the customer first
- Compelling need <> credible solution <> perceived value
Articulating your Value Proposition
- Pain or Gain?
The difference between B2C and B2B sales
Choosing the right Sales Process
Module 2 – Lead generation
- Inbound marketing
- Outbound marketing (using Linkedin)
- New roles and functions
Introduction to Qualification
- Lead qualification
- Opportunity Assessment
Module 3 – Developing a compelling proposition
What is the consultative approach to selling?
- Your role vs your objective
- The correct mindset
Extending your Value Proposition
- Features <> Benefits <> Problems/Needs/Opportunity
Developing the consultative approach to selling
- Questioning skills – turning problems into compelling needs
- The SPECS technique: Situation > Problem > Effect > Cost > Solution
Module 4 – Influencing the sale
- Getting to the decision maker
- Getting Commitment
Managing and influencing the Decision Criteria
The power of Questions
Module 5 – Understanding the buyer
The Sales Cycle vs the Buying Cycle
- Understanding why and how organisations buy
- Developing your sales tools to facilitate the buying process
Understanding different buyers
- Objective and subjective motives
Pipeline management – the sales funnel
- The link between Prospecting, Qualification and Negotiation
Closing the sale, decision signals, getting commitment.
‘Mastering the Sales Process’ will be delivered digitally through online presentations and pre reading. Participants will also have access to a document and reports library and a reading list. The programme will be delivered in 5 short, sharp sessions (2 hours) weekly over a 5 week period to allow participants to understand the key concepts in a cost and time efficient manner.
The course will be delivered over 5 weekly modules, 9am – 11am on the following dates:
- Module 1: Friday 12 February 2021
- Module 2: Friday 19 February 2021
- Module 3: Friday 26 February 2021
- Module 4: Thursday 4 March 2021
- Module 5: Friday 12 March 2021
Participants can choose to complete the full course or select individual modules.
Member cost: £150 per module / £600 for 5 modules
Non-Member cost: £200 per module / £850 for 5 modules
To register your interest in the course or individual modules, please contact Catriona.Henry@northernirelandchamber.com