- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Belfast
- Closing Date: 06 February 2023
Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce (NI Chamber) is an award winning, quality assured, customer focused membership organisation with over 230 years commitment to the Northern Ireland economy. Forde May Consulting has been retained to recruit a new Events Manager.
The Events Manager will play an integral role in the team, leading on the development, planning and delivery of Events activities which support the recruitment and engagement of member businesses across the region. Event activities are designed to support member businesses with emerging current issues, as well as develop employee’s skills and networks. The Events Manager will have a working knowledge of the types of businesses across the region and the issues affecting them in order to develop appropriate content and identify potential partnerships.
- Answerable to the Head of Events for planning, scheduling and delivering a programme of activities on key themes such as; Leadership, Skills, Climate Action, Networking and Business Policy Briefings with VIP Ministerial guests
- Research and develop knowledge of businesses, sectors and policy issues affecting them, in order to develop high quality, relevant concepts, content and themes to engage and support NI businesses
- Work with the Communications team to effectively schedule, market and promote events
- Identify and actively target relevant businesses to attend specific events
- Responsible for overall event management and delivery end to end; from arranging all logistics to securing speakers, sponsors etc. and managing stakeholder relationships
- Manage individual budgets event activities, ensuring financial income and expenditure targets are met, reported on and fed in to the overall Departmental budget
- Contribute to financial income targets by generating new ideas for event activities, identifying potential new partnerships and securing sponsorship in line with company objectives
- Support on partner/sponsor management through writing proposals and reports, drafting contracts and delivering on contract KPI’s
- Deliver the highest quality service to members, driving customer satisfaction. Includes responsibility for conducting, analysing and reporting on feedback, making recommendations for continuous improvements
- Monitor and review engagement of members across all levels and take action where appropriate
- Provide support to team members on other activities as required
- Educated to degree level / equivalent with a minimum 3 years’ experience working at a senior level in event management with track record in securing sponsorship
- Experience in high level project management, including marketing and developing content
- Demonstrable experience in Relationship Management with key stakeholders
- Experience with Microsoft Office and CRM software packages
For an informal discussion call Gerry May at Forde May Consulting Ltd on 028 9062 8877, or to apply send a CV setting out how you meet the requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number 1849EM and including your current remuneration details.