Subtotal: Member: £275, Non Member: £325
Booking Deadline: 4 October 2023
The British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) Accredited Foundation Award in International Trade is an invaluable opportunity for importers and exporters of all sizes to up-skill and attain a globally recognised qualification.
With four modules delivered in concise technical sessions, the Foundation Award in International Trade breaks fundamental technical topics into easy to understand components. It has been specifically designed to meet the needs of NI companies, equipping attendees with a solid base of technical knowledge required to move goods to and from Northern Ireland.
- Understanding Export and Export Documentation
Mon 24 Apr | 09.30 – 15.30 | Online
Wed 4 Oct | 09.30 – 15.30 | In-Person
- International Documentation and Customs Procedures
Thu 27 Apr | 09.30 – 15.30 | Online
Thu 5 Oct | 09.30 – 15.30 | In-Person
- Import Procedures Including Special Procedures
Thu 18 May | 09.30 – 15.30 | Online
Tue 21 Nov | 09.30 – 15.30 | In-Person
- Letters of Credit and Methods of Payments
Wed 24 May | 09.30 – 15.30 | Online
Wed 22 Nov | 09.30 – 15.30 | In-Person
This course will enable delegates to understand the total flow of export work, from receipt of the enquiry to successful delivery of goods and payment.
This course explains the internal functions in the exporting company, the support network available as well as the full export process, including basic mechanics and terminology, focusing on the NI Protocol and what that means for NI businesses. At the end of the course you will be equipped to set up a successful export deal.
This course will review and discuss the process from enquiry to despatch including:
- Receive the Enquiry
– Responsibilities and roles
– Incoterms 2020
– Methods of Payment and the risk ladder
– Export Controls and Licence Requirements
- Order Acknowledgment / Pro Forma Invoice
- Pre-Shipment Inspections / Packing
- Shipping Documents to include Invoices and
– Commodity Codes
– Preference Documents
– Certificates of Origin
- Move the Cargo
– Book the Shipment and Freight Forwarder
– Transport documentation
- Proof of Export – Evidential Requirements
- General good business practice
To book all 4 modules, or for more information, contact Marta.Gajewska@northernirelandchamber.com.
View the 2023 International training brochure.