Wed 3rd Jul 2013
Download the Document
Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce is calling for:
1. Continued investment in infrastructure that supports economic development
2. An independent review of all public expenditure
3. Legislation to enable asset rich public sector service providers to raise private finance and for the reduction in corporation tax to 12.5%.
4. The establishment of a long term jobs fund which supports job creation/attracts employment and an increased export support budget to drive a trade-based recovery
5. Actions that promote STEM subjects; raise basic skill levels and upskill the existing workforce to support the development of a higher value added and more innovative economy
6. At least a 25% reduction in red tape and unnecessary regulation
7. Action to resolve the issue regarding the lack of Trade Finance which is holding back exports
8. The delivery of growth & jobs by the establishment of “Opportunity Zones” to enable indigenous and international investment to flourish. This will stimulate regional enterprise growth in areas where there are below average levels of private enterprise and lower-than-average numbers of private sector jobs.
Opportunity Zones could include:
– A fast track planning process, including strict time limits on consultations and appeals
– Access to a jobs fund and intensive support including private sector mentors
– A government credit guarantee scheme providing finance for growth and export
– 100% relief on regional and district rate for first three years for new-starts and for three year period for companies with expansion plans
– A reduction in corporation tax to 12.5% for all Northern Ireland and a simplified tax credit system for innovation and export
– Relief on National Insurance payments for all new employees in businesses for initial three year period.
The full Manifesto and a summary bookmark can be downloaded below: