We greatly increased our response rate working with Northern Ireland Chamber’s wider network
Queen’s University Belfast
The advice we received through chamber connections in the USA enabled us to win new business
OBE Waste & Agri Engineering Ltd
At a networking event we made a contact that led to a £42k deal
Bond Search and Selection
Tue 19th May 2015
Time Management- Right Time, Right Priorities
19 May 2015
May 19, 2015
This course is designed to provide participants with a framework for increasing their own personal effectiveness through better management of their priorities and to demonstrate how a more appropriate work/life balance can be achieved by developing a habit of focusing on what is important.
Many people feel stressed because they allow a task-driven schedule to take over their working lives. The distinction between what is urgent and what is important becomes clouded, leading to a loss of control and a drop in personal effectiveness and morale.
Right Time-Right Priorities is designed to address these issues by helping you de-clutter your working life. By providing a framework for prioritisation, this course will enable you to concentrate on what really matters, eliminate distraction and time wasting, and regain control over your working life. On completion, you will be empowered to maximise your effectiveness and minimise stress.
Upon completion of this course you will:
• Understand the significance of distinguishing between activities which are urgent and important
• Have identified those things which are most important to you
• Have identified strategies to reduce time spent on activities which are unimportant
• Understand the importance of focusing on roles and relationships and not just activities
• Realise the importance of delegation and learn how to balance your workload to make the best use of your time
• Learn how to manage your time for personal effectiveness and success
• Have a better understanding of the causes of stress, recognise the symptoms and develop a greater ability to deal with it
• Have developed a plan for spending time on important roles, relationships and activities
• Have moved away from a task driven schedule to a proactive planning system that helps you achieve your priorities
• Have an effective planning process
• Understand how to prioritise work
• Be able to deal more effectively with interruptions, procrastination and your own personal time stealers
• Have a plan for achieving a better work/life balance
Who should attend?
• Anyone who wants to increase their personal effectiveness
• People who are currently experiencing stress associated with time pressures
• People who want to ensure that their personal goals are achieved on schedule
• People who want to achieve a better balance between work and other priorities
- Brilliant! My planning will improve immediately. Begin with the end in mind. Build relationships. The course taught me to differentiate what is urgent / important and made me aware of areas that are time wasting / time consuming. Very effective tools given that are easy to apply. Irish Wheelchair Association.
- This was one of the most enjoyable and beneficial courses I have attended. Ten out of ten. I found the piece on prioritising work most useful – in terms of urgent and important – because I used to prioritise work depending on the duration of the task. This meant I got frustrated with long-term projects. But the course provided me with helpful tips on scheduling and on how to be assertive in managing my own time and how to prevent time being stolen from me. A great refresher course with lots of new ideas and insights.
- The course was very well constructed and provided much food for thought. I now have more knowledge and skills to apply as a manager. I am more able to set objectives and apply an action plan within a timeframe. The course gave me a clear and concise awareness of time management and taught me how to say no in a positive manner and to realise that it’s not always possible to accommodate everyone immediately when you work in a pressurized environment such as mine.
Created by High Performance Training