We greatly increased our response rate working with Northern Ireland Chamber’s wider network
Queen’s University Belfast
The advice we received through chamber connections in the USA enabled us to win new business
OBE Waste & Agri Engineering Ltd
At a networking event we made a contact that led to a £42k deal
Bond Search and Selection
Tender Pricing Strategies or Exploiting Mathematical Opportunities in Tenders
23 Apr 2015
April 23, 2015
• Can be won by being smarter than competition in terms of which items to price higher & which to price lower.
• Contain opportunities which can be exploited.
• Make it possible to get higher cost marks & more money than competition.
The seminar examines tenders which ask for multiple prices. For example:
• A ‘Bill of Materials’ or basket of services where multiple items are priced.
• Normal & ‘call-out’ rates.
• Routine & ‘non-routine’ services or standard & ‘non-standard’ items.
• Service & repair rates.
• Labour rates & prices for parts.
Depending on tender formats, the seminar shows that it is possible to charge more money & get higher cost marks. The seminar timetable is:
9:30-10:00 Introduction & analysis of tenders
10:00-10:40 Asking questions & using feedback to estimate prices
10:40-15:30 Risk & reward when exploiting opportunities. (This includes worked examples, discussions & eight different ‘Bid Game’ exercises. These allow suppliers to compare different strategies & procurement professionals to understand the impact of different tender formats.)
15:30-16:30 Identifying & managing risks for tenderers & procurement professionals
Lunch, tea & coffee are included. It is useful to bring a calculator.
The workshop is a ‘must attend’ for:
• Bid Managers, Bid Directors & those involved in setting prices.
• Procurement professionals.
It is relevant for all sectors.
Created by The Skillful Pass