We greatly increased our response rate working with Northern Ireland Chamber’s wider network
Queen’s University Belfast
The advice we received through chamber connections in the USA enabled us to win new business
OBE Waste & Agri Engineering Ltd
At a networking event we made a contact that led to a £42k deal
Bond Search and Selection
Wed 27th Nov 2013
Radio and TV – Media Spokesperson Interview Skills
27 Nov 2013
November 27, 2013
Gain the skills to be proactive in broadcast media relations – use your personal style to best advantage
Intensive One-Day Course – Wednesday 26 November – Course Fees €350
Full Course Outline and Client Comments Attached
Key spokespeople must learn to communicate effectively with the media or risk losing the PR battle before it has begun. With more and more radio and television opportunities available, the prospects for promoting your organisation are increasing all the time. This one-day broadcast media skills studio session is suitable for those who find themselves the subject of live or recorded radio or television interviews, and those who wish to acquire or develop their skills in projecting their message and image through the most influential of broadcast mediums.
During the course you will be introduced to a studio environment. You will experience a series of one to one radio and television interviews with experienced broadcaster and presenter, Michael Comyn. You will be thinking on your feet as you are whisked from radio to front of camera television interview situations. Whether you are a professional or an amateur in the field, the importance of good broadcast media skills is vital. This course will demystify the broadcast media and equip participants with the practical skills needed for successful broadcast media relations.
Course content includes:
• Gain the skills to be proactive in broadcast media relations
• Understanding the principles of broadcast media
• Know how radio and television programmes function
• Practical hands-on experience in radio and television interviews
• Experience live interview situations with in-depth analysis and critique
• Learn how to plan and execute a radio / television interview opportunity
• Experience in dealing with difficult questions and situations
• You will be taught how to avoid the many pitfalls that await the unwary
• The crisis presentation /statement
• An awareness of your individual strengths and weaknesses
• How you can use your personal style to best advantage
• Experience the impact of editing on what you say
• The ability to work via telephone or via a remote feed with the confidence of a professional
• Knowing what reporters and producers want
• Learning how to work with the media
• Planning media strategy to ensure you get on the air
• Develop the basic skills to promote your on-air message
Who should attend? If you are required, as part of your brief, to make media appearances or statements on behalf of your organisation, then this course is highly recommended. The programme is suitable for both beginners and those who wish to top up on skills already acquired.
Programme Director: Michael Comyn is Media Communication Skills Programme Director with High Performance Training. He is a highly skilled media professional with over twenty years experience in radio and television. His expertise as a media communication skills specialist has givenMichael an intimate insight into the internal dynamics of news organisations and a unique understanding of how to communicate an organisation’s message clearly and concisely. His expertise as a communication skills specialist brings a practical and energising approach to our courses.
Client Comment: I would highly recommend this course. It is delivered by an experienced producer and interviewer who has a wealth of knowledge, and so is more practical than the many others I have done. The presenter was very professional and could help people at many different levels of expertise and confidence.
Client Comment: This course had an excellent structure for confident interviewing. The practical work was very helpful and showed me clearly what I have to work on. The atmosphere was relaxed and informative and best of all, gave practical, hands-on experience of the subject. Brilliant.
Client Comment: A very practical and realistic course – relevant to media interviews. Loads of examples and techniques were given e.g. hooking and bridging and ways to deal with tricky situations. The practical elements were invaluable. I now have more confidence in working with the media. The course is wide-ranging and will apply to much of my work. Highly recommended.
** Book Online – http://www.highperformance.ie/**
View our client list – you’ll be in good company
Created by Christopher Morrow