We greatly increased our response rate working with Northern Ireland Chamber’s wider network
Queen’s University Belfast
The advice we received through chamber connections in the USA enabled us to win new business
OBE Waste & Agri Engineering Ltd
At a networking event we made a contact that led to a £42k deal
Bond Search and Selection
Wed 25th Mar 2015
Media Spokesperson Interview Skills Training
25 Mar 2015
March 25, 2015
Media Spokesperson Interview Skills
Gain the skills to be proactive in broadcast media relations - use your personal style to best advantage
Key spokespeople must learn to communicate effectively with the media or risk losing the PR battle before it has begun. With more and more radio and television opportunities available, the prospects for promoting your organisation are increasing all the time.
This one-day broadcast media skills studio session is suitable for those who find themselves the subject of live or recorded radio or television interviews, and those who wish to acquire or develop their skills in projecting their message and image through the most influential of broadcast mediums.
Wednesday 25 March
Bewleys Hotel, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
Course fees €350
To book: call 00353 (1) 853 2215 or book online here
During this one day course you will be introduced to a studio environment. You will experience a series of one to one radio and television interviews with experienced broadcaster and presenter, Michael Comyn.
You will be thinking on your feet as you are whisked from radio to front of camera television interview situations. Whether you are a professional or an amateur in the field, the importance of good broadcast media skills is vital. This course will demystify the broadcast media and equip participants with the practical skills needed for successful broadcast media relations.
Course content includes:
- Gain the skills to be proactive in broadcast media relations
- Understanding the principles of broadcast media
- Know how radio and television programmes function
- Practical hands-on experience in radio and television interviews
- Experience live interview situations with in-depth analysis and critique
- Learn how to plan and execute a radio / television interview opportunity
- Experience in dealing with difficult questions and situations
- You will be taught how to avoid the many pitfalls that await the unwary
- The crisis presentation /statement
- An awareness of your individual strengths and weaknesses
- How you can use your personal style to best advantage
- Experience the impact of editing on what you say
- The ability to work via telephone or via a remote feed with the confidence of a professional
- Knowing what reporters and producers want
- Learning how to work with the media
- Planning media strategy to ensure you get on the air
- Develop the basic skills to promote your on-air message
Who should attend:
If you are required, as part of your brief, to make media appearances or statements on behalf of your organisation, then this course is highly recommended. The programme is suitable for both beginners and those who wish to top up on skills already acquired.
- I would highly recommend this course. It is delivered by an experienced producer and interviewer who has a wealth of knowledge, and so is more practical than the many others I have done. The presenter was very professional and could help people at many different levels of expertise and confidence.
- This course had an excellent structure for confident interviewing. The practical work was very helpful and showed me clearly what I have to work on. The atmosphere was relaxed and informative and best of all, gave practical, hands-on experience of the subject. Brilliant.
Created by High Performance Training