Book a place today by emailing email@example.com or call us on 028 9031 0450
We greatly increased our response rate working with Northern Ireland Chamber’s wider network
Queen’s University Belfast
The advice we received through chamber connections in the USA enabled us to win new business
OBE Waste & Agri Engineering Ltd
At a networking event we made a contact that led to a £42k deal
Bond Search and Selection
Fri 21st Aug 2015
Managing Difficult Conversations, Inc. Protected Conversations (Half Day Workshop)
21 Aug 2015
August 21, 2015
This half hay workshop is a must for HR practitioners and people managers who are looking for great tips and seasoned advice on handling the most common ‘difficult conversations and scenarios’ that occur in all workplaces, be they large or small. We all know that there are certain conversations that we would all rather not have.
This session will provide a combination of practical tips alongside Employment Law guidance to equip you for dealing with these issues in the Workplace.
We will cover the following issues:
• Managing difficult personalities and bringing them on board
• Unpopular messages – how best to communicate and handle the fall out
• Managing conflict – key competencies and how to develop them
• Role play / case study exercise
• The typical types of difficult conversation in the employment law context
– managing performance
– dealing with attendance and conduct issues
– introducing change within the workplace
• How to effectively conduct a ‘without prejudice’ discussion
– when is a conversation genuinely without prejudice?
– what is the message you want to convey?
– how best to prepare for conducting such a conversation.
Created by Think People Consulting