We greatly increased our response rate working with Northern Ireland Chamber’s wider network
Queen’s University Belfast
The advice we received through chamber connections in the USA enabled us to win new business
OBE Waste & Agri Engineering Ltd
At a networking event we made a contact that led to a £42k deal
Bond Search and Selection
Wed 13th Jun 2018
Immigration Training for HR Professionals in Northern Ireland
13 Jun 2018
June 13, 2018
The UK's immigration structure continues to change dramatically. As a result there is a significant increase in the potential for employers to encounter difficulties in bringing specialist migrant workers to Northern Ireland and to face criminal and civil penalties for non-compliance with evolving legislation. In addition the impact of Brexit on workplace planning in Northern Ireland and the Government’s commitment to a net migration target make it crucial that employers here have a clear understanding of right to work issues.
We are delighted to partner with Eversheds Sutherland to discuss the UK immigration system in the context of employment and the employment relationship, and will focus in particular on matters that should be considered from an HR practitioner’s perspective. We will provide you with a checklist of steps that should be taken and a risk register to help you to identify potential issues.
We will cover the following:
• EEA nationals: options for employers of EEA nationals living in Northern Ireland dnow or working on either side of the border
• Right to work checks: criminal and civil liability
• Discrimination in recruitment: when candidate screening becomes a risk
• What business activity is permitted in Northern Ireland?
• Non-sponsored visas who can work without an employer sponsor?
• The points-based system
• Data protection considerations when disclosing information to UKVI
• Case Study and Q&A
To book please contact us:
028 9031 0450
Created by Think People Consulting