We greatly increased our response rate working with Northern Ireland Chamber’s wider network
Queen’s University Belfast
The advice we received through chamber connections in the USA enabled us to win new business
OBE Waste & Agri Engineering Ltd
At a networking event we made a contact that led to a £42k deal
Bond Search and Selection
Wed 24th Feb 2016
IEMA Certified Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management Course
24 Feb 2016
February 24, 2016
An excellent 3-day course certified by IEMA, raising the professional competence of those who require a strong foundation to deliver effective environmental management. Delivered by knowledgeable, experienced and passionate trainers using theory, case studies and practical exercises to enhance understanding.
This 3-day course (24-26 February 2016) is delivered through trainer presentations and practical case studies enabling attendees to undertake an examination leading to the IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management. Designed to raise the professional competence of those who have only recently become involved in environmental management or for whom environmental management is an integral part of a wide range of responsibilities.
Benefits to you and your organisation
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Appreciate the background to environmental issues, and their relevance to business.
- Identify the legal framework in respect of water, air, waste and contaminated land.
- Identify means of assessing environmental performance.
- Understand how an environmental management system to ISO 14001 operates.
- Take a more active role in the environmental management process.
Course content includes
- Sustainable business thinking and environmental impacts.
- Major environmental concerns such as global warming, water pollution and land contamination.
- Environmental law and the role of the regulators.
- Waste, water and energy issues highlighting where organizations can reduce costs.
- Tools for assessment and interpretation of environmental performance, including environmental impact assessment, life cycle analysis and environmental auditing.
- An introduction to the environmental management systems ISO 14001 and EMAS.
The course is assessed by multiple-choice exam (closed book).
Point of Contact
For further information on this course please contact Rob Duncan or Suzanne Lindsay on 028 9038 7047 or email email@example.com.
Created by Mabbett