We greatly increased our response rate working with Northern Ireland Chamber’s wider network
Queen’s University Belfast
The advice we received through chamber connections in the USA enabled us to win new business
OBE Waste & Agri Engineering Ltd
At a networking event we made a contact that led to a £42k deal
Bond Search and Selection
Thu 1st Jan 1970
Finding Opportunities in a Volatile World – 31 January 2018 – Merchant Hotel, Belfast
Mercer are running an event in Belfast aimed at defined benefit Trustees and their sponsors which will explore what investment risks and opportunities are present in these uncertain times.
Registration starts at 8.30am, with the first session commencing at 9.00am. Breakfast will be provided on arrival, with the event concluding at approximately 11.45am.
We will set the scene with a discussion on generating investment returns in a rising yield environment.
To complement this, we will discuss two highly topical subjects that will have an impact on investment policies going forward:
- Pensions Freedom and Dis-Investment Sub Committees? What is the long term impact on cash flow from increased levels of transfer values based on Mercer experience, and importantly will the trends continue?
- Looming cash flow crisis for DB pension schemes? Could changes in economic markets lead to increased equity market volatility and collateral demands from potential LDI cash calls? What impact would that have on pension schemes?
Once the scene has been set our second session will ask the attendees to “Choose your path”. In general, there are two end game options: Buy-out and Run-off. This session will look at the pros and cons of each and also explore how many of the well-known liability management techniques interplay with either option. This session will be brought to life with an interactive session on Run-off v Buy-out using Risk First’s PFaroe model and some thoughts on a draft action plan.
During the coffee breaks, we will also have some demonstration stations on other areas that are highly topical:
- Engaging employees to take action in a digital age. How the use of personalised videos can help to engage pensions scheme members to take decisions.
- Mercer Pension Risk Exchange. 2018 is expected to be a record year for large DB transactions. We will show how the exchange can help you get the most competitively priced deals in the market.
- Risk First’s PFaroe. Demonstration of our intuitive, sophisticated and integrated suite of tools available for use by defined benefit (DB) pension plans.
This event is free to Mercer clients and prospects. We look forward to welcoming you for what should be a very informative session.
For further information on this event, please contact Nuala Jackson, +44 28 90 556 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Created by Mercer