We greatly increased our response rate working with Northern Ireland Chamber’s wider network
Queen’s University Belfast
The advice we received through chamber connections in the USA enabled us to win new business
OBE Waste & Agri Engineering Ltd
At a networking event we made a contact that led to a £42k deal
Bond Search and Selection
Thu 14th May 2015
Business Writing Skills for Greater Impact
14 May 2015
May 14, 2015
On this highly practical one-day course, a professional writer will show you how to achieve success in all your business documents, from reports and proposals to letters, brochures and emails.
Thursday 14 May
Hotel, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
book call: +353 (1) 8532215 or book online
Course Aims and Objectives:
The days of writing in business-speak, “posh” English or legalese are gone. In today’s business world, writing is all about communicating information, facts and arguments as quickly, clearly and concisely as possible. Using the new industry standard of Plain English, with a professional tone, is the best way to make an impact with all your writing.
This course covers the basics of good business writing, the principles of Plain English, the importance of a reader-focused style, the fundamentals of planning, the power of language, key strategies for editing, and common errors of grammar and punctuation.
On completion of this course you will:
• Learn the professional tricks of the trade, to ensure your message hits the mark every time
• Learn how to write with clarity, simplicity, brevity and a personal but professional voice
• Learn how to identify your readers and adapt your writing to their needs
• Understand planning using the four easy steps to successful writing
• Understand the importance of using Plain English: the principles of creating strong and readable documents
• Transform your style: practical exercises will help you to improve clarity, eliminate wordiness, cut “dead wood”, correct grammatical errors and fix punctuation problems
• Learn how to write effective e-mails: how to grab your readers’ attention
• Understand the importance of layout and how to make documents look easy to read
• Learn how to make technical information more accessible
• Understand and employ editing and proofreading strategies
• Learn the top ten tips for improving readability
Who should attend?
Anyone who has to write as part of their job and answers yes to any of the following questions:
• Would you like to write with greater ease and confidence?
• Would you like to write shorter, sharper documents?
• Do you have difficulty in achieving the objectives of your letters, reports or emails?
• Do you find it hard to decide what to include?
• Would an ability to create professional, authoritative documents provide career opportunities?
- ‘The course exceeded my expectations and met all of my learning objectives. Such a refreshing and enjoyable trainer. This is a great way to learn. I would absolutely recommend this course to my colleagues. A fantastic trainer with huge credibility, which is key. This is very professional, well presented, relevant training – well done!’
- ‘This course very much met my learning objectives, providing very useful tips and advice for the future. I now realise the importance of learning the “rules” and this will have a great impact on my work. I would definitely recommend this course to a colleague. It was so well designed for the user’s perspective. Well done.’
- ‘We ran a Business Writing Skills for Greater Impact course in-house for a number of our people who operate in different functions across the organisation – but all involved in writing to key stakeholders. Everyone benefitted greatly from an exceptionally strong and interactive course. The trainer made the course work not just interesting but also very relevant to everyone’s area – with all of the attendees remaining totally engaged for the entire day. She managed to pull the group together as one team despite the varying levels of competency in the room. Everyone later commented on the value of what they had learnt and on how they will apply this to their daily work. I would highly recommend this course for anyone who needs to learn either new business writing skills or as a valuable refresher.’
Created by High Performance Training