May 13, 2020
Roundtable discussion: Technology: Growth engine for business with the British Chambers of Commerce
Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce and Industry, in partnership with British Chambers of Commerce and Cisco is holding a private, online roundtable event to discuss the opportunities technology presents to business growth. The event is targeted at decision makers and people with responsibility for IT in SMEs with 5-250 staff.
COVID-19 has brought a sea change to our personal and professional lives, in a matter of weeks. Small businesses have been forced to adapt rapidly to this new working reality – and one of the key business challenges is maintaining cybersecurity while every employee works from home. Many small companies could support occasional remote working, but very few were set up to enable all employees to work from home, all of the time. Moreover, the sheer speed of the change left IT teams little time to plan.
Maintaining security in this unprecedented environment is a daunting prospect – and all of this comes at a time when revenues may have been severely limited by the outbreak. But by focusing on the basics and staying positive, you can establish and maintain a secure way for employees to work from home.
While three quarters of decision makers view technology as a driver of agile working and productivity, Cisco’s Small Business IT Survey 2018 highlights that:
- More than 9 out of 10 business owners spend less than a quarter of their budget on IT.
- Fewer than 1 in 5, have a dedicated in-house IT Manager.
- Over a third of small businesses don’t have a contingency plan in place for falling victim to a cyberattack.
- Only 1 in 10 businesses don’t make use of any IT security whatsoever.
- In the Ponemon Institute Global State of Cybersecurity for SMBs Research Report from October 2019, 72% of respondents have experienced a cyberattack.
This event is invite only and is specifically of benefit to senior business representatives from the IT sector employing 5-250 staff.
If you are interested in attending please register your interest below: